Theme by nostrich.
Video with 2 notes
Rafael Lovato Jr. talking about his training at Seaside Jiu Jitsu Academy!
As the end of 2010 winds to an end, we like to take some time to reflect on some of the accomplishments that have stood out. In a way each year holds new and exciting changes for everyone and 2010 was no exception. Let’s take a look at some of the changes we’ve all experienced.
* Promotions for the students in our adult Jiu-Jitsu classes. Blair Hedrick became our first women to achieve the yellow belt. Galen Grudnick earned the blue belt; Jess Vaughan earned his purple belt, and Instructors Nate and Zach Adamson were promoted to brown belt.
* Promotions for the students in our kids Jiu-Jitsu classes. Namely, Chance Giguere moved to Yellow Belt. Also, Duncan Fenison, Luke Verley, and Travis Jonsson were promoted to Orange Belt.
* The addition of the Alpha Strike Team kickboxing program.
* The all new Womens UltraFit Boot Camp program.
* Another awesome seminar with Assoc. Instructor Rafael Lovato Jr., as well as having our training partners and team mates from Eugene come to train with us.
* Rafael Lovato Jr. wins his first No-Gi Black Belt World Championship. Rafael and Justin Rader became the first instructor/student combination to win the No-Gi Worlds.
* Student Eric Gerdes is the first student from our academy to win the No-Gi World Championships.
* Instructor Zach Adamson becomes a two-time National finalist.
* The Inaugural Academy Christmas Party for our staff, students, members and friends.
* The launch of our new website (orbjj.com). The addition of an academy blog for students as well as our Womens UltraFit Bootcamp blog. We also added tons of new photos on Flickr, videos on YouTube, and a twitter feed to keep in better contact with our members.
We are very pleased with all the improvements we’ve been able to make this year. Although we are prouder of the goals and dreams our instructors, students and friends have been able to accomplish. This has been a monumental year for us and we’d like thank you all for being apart of it. As you read this hopefully you start to think of all the awesome things 2011 will bring. Happy Holidays family!
One of the most rewarding experiences of my life thus far has been teaching the values of jiu jitsu to the kids in our community. This last Tuesday we promoted our first orange belts in our kids program. The three boys who were promoted have dedicated years of training with us, I have seen them all develop into great jiu jitsu practitioners. Along with a great jiu jitsu game the biggest changes I’ve noticed have been in their personality and the way they carry themselves. Confidence, self-respect, teamwork, self-discipline, and patience have been just a few of the values these young warriors possess. The future is looking very bright for our young students, and I’m excited to see how they’ll impact our community in a positive way in the future! If you know of a young boy or girl who would be interested in learning jiu jitsu and all its accompanying values, feel free to contact us or bring them in to try out a class. Check out all the photos from the promotions on our BJJ Seaside Facebook fan page under the Flickr tab.